I get severe headaches, migraines. So bad that I need to take something for it cause if I don’t I have visions of my brain cracking open and my brain spilling out. So to avoid this I take a not so powerful narcotic… which I run the risk of becoming addicted to I take half the prescribed dosage.
This medication is a combination of a narcotic (hydrocodone) and a non-narcotic (acetaminophen) used to relieve moderate to severe pain. Hydrocodone works by binding to opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord, and acetaminophen decreases the formation of prostaglandins, therefore relieving pain. This medication may also be used to suppress a cough.
I bet you didn’t know that I knew such big words huh, I don’t. They make no sense to me, but they sound nice and ominous hey?
I was pleased as punch to have discovered Propain, till I read the list of side effects.
· it may cause serious (possibly fatal) liver disease
· lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness,
· vision changes, wait is that a rainbow
· or mental/mood changes may occur
· rash, itching, swelling
· Insomnia, this I have, my mother has nicknamed me the neighbourhood Batman, when the sun goes down my ears perk up and I hear all things. Sleep is not my friend.
· right at the bottom in fine print, they listed * cue sinister music* severe headaches
This medication that is meant to stop a head explosion is going to kill me. I think it’s time I started using Chinese medicine, because that list has turned me into a hypochondriac. I have been getting dizzy of late but I suspect the reason for that are the cartwheels I do so much.
And my liver hurts, but because I am not sure which side it is on a different side hurts everyday. Not forgetting the 'flash' migraines I get every other day. Never mind that they are ice pick headaches that I get every month just before my periods.
I should quit the drug altogether though because pretty soon I wont be able to stop! eek, addict alert!
|My precious Propain, ooooooo my precious!|